After creating a new call flow, completing the Main Callflow Block with essential information, and assigning a Seat to the configured call flow, you can implement a Directory to the configured call flow. The Directory Block is located within the Basic group of Actions in the Catalog of Actions on the Callflow Configurator's right-hand side.
A Directory Block is a feature that allows callers to search and navigate through a custom directory to find and choose a person or a call flow they want to reach.
By using the drag-and-drop technique, you can transfer the Directory Block from the Catalog and integrate them into several places of the Callflow diagram.
When you drop the Directory Block onto the Callflow diagram, a pop-up window will appear displaying the various parameters of the Block that need to be configured.
One parameter needs to be configured in that section:
- Directory: after selecting this field, a list of Directories that can be assigned to this phase of the configured call flow will appear in a drop-down menu. In case the list does not contain a fitting option, you can include a new media by clicking on the "Add New Directory" button. This will trigger a pop-up window to appear above the current window, where you will see a list of Create Directory parameters that need to be set up.
There are 7 parameters that you need to configure here:
- Name: here you can set a name for the configured call flow.
- User Callflows: in this section, you can set user-callflow pairs.
The Directory Block works by creating pairs of user-callflow records, where each user is associated with a specific call flow.
Each entry in the table provided in this section should consist of a pair of values: user and callflow. To specify these values, there are corresponding fields in the active row. By clicking on these fields, drop-down menus will appear, containing all available users and callf lows that have been configured under this account.
Although the records in the Directory feature are created in pairs, a user associated with a call flow may not be directly linked to this call flow. In other words, a user can have a record in the directory even if there is no specific call flow or routing strategy assigned to them. Such user records may only include basic contact information and can be referenced by other call flows or phone system features.
To remove a record from the table, simply click on the minus icon.
- Minimum number of input: this parameter sets the minimum number of digits a caller must enter before the system starts looking up the Directory.
- Maximum number of input: this parameter sets the maximum number of digits a caller can enter.
- Confirm Match: enabling this feature will result in a notification being displayed when a search has a match.
- Fields to search: you can select the fields to search by choosing from the options provided in the drop-down menu available in this field.
- Sort by: you can select the way to sort values in the fields by choosing from the options provided in the drop-down menu available in this field.
All Directories you have created are also available in the Directory Section of the Phone System App.
A properly configured Device integrated into a call flow will be displayed as follows.
Within the Block, you will be able to see the Name of the Directory.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article