After creating a new call flow, completing the Main Callflow Block with essential information, and assigning a Seat to the configured call flow, you can implement a Menu Block to the configured call flow. The Menu Block is located within the Basic group of Actions in the Catalog of Actions on the Callflow Configurator's right-hand side.
By using the drag-and-drop technique, you can transfer the Menu Block from the Catalog and integrate them into several places of the Callflow diagram.
Once you add the Menu Block to the Callflow diagram, a pop-up window will appear. By clicking on the Menu field in this window, you will be able to access a drop-down list of existing menus. If the list is empty, you can select the "Add New Menu" button, which will redirect you to another pop-up window where you can configure all the necessary parameters for the newly created menu.
The parameters for the newly created menu are divided into three tabs:
- Basic: here you can set the basic parameters of the newly created menu.
This tab allows you to configure three parameters:
- Name: you can create a custom name for the newly created menu.
- Prompt Record PIN: this is an optional setting that specifies a PIN code that the user must enter to record a custom prompt for the menu.
- Greeting Message: by clicking on this field, you will see a drop-down menu containing various pre-set media options that can be used as a greeting message. If the list is empty, you can create a new media file for this purpose by clicking the "Create Media" button. This action will trigger a series of pop-up windows where you can configure the parameters for the new media file. The process of configuring new media files is explained in this article.
- Extension Dialing: you can set lists of permitted and prohibited extension numbers for dialing.
This tab allows you to configure two parameters:
- Allowed list of Numbers: in this field, you can input all extension numbers that will be exempted from call blocking when dialed. All numbers added to this field must be separated by commas.
- Blocklist of Numbers: within this field, you can enter extension numbers that will be prohibited when dialed. All numbers added to this field must be separated by commas.
- Options: you can configure advanced calling options for the newly created menu here.
This tab allows you to configure five parameters:
- Number of Retries on Misdial: this parameter specifies the number of times the system should allow a caller to retry the call if there was a misdial.
- Timeout for Dialing: this parameter specifies the maximum amount of time that the system will allow for a call to be dialed before timing out. It is measured in seconds.
- Extension Number Length: this parameter is the maximum length of an extension number. By default, it is set to the Record PIN number length. You cannot set a length shorter than the length of the PIN set on this menu.
- Allow outside recording: by enabling this option, you enable external callers to dial into the configured menu from an outside number (i.e. their cell phone, landline, etc.) and enter the PIN for the menu to be able to record it.
- Suppress playing of Invalid Entry: enabling this option will suppress the playing of ‘Invalid Entry’.
Make sure to click on the "Save Changes" button to save all the changes once the parameters of the menu are configured.
All menus you have created are also available in the Menu Section of the Phone System App.
A configured Menu Block integrated into a call flow will be displayed as follows.
To set the Menu Option for Action Blocks linked to the Menu Block, click on the "Default" line. This will open a drop-down menu where you can select a number or the "default" option, indicating the numeric value that the caller should dial to navigate through the menu and reach the Block with that specific number.
In this manner, you can include numerous forwarding choices for such menus.
Through this method, you can customize menu paths based on additional numbers dialed by a caller during menu navigation.
You can use the drag-and-drop feature to add various Action Blocks to different parts of the Callflow diagram, allowing you to create call flows of varying levels of complexity based on your design.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article