The inherited values may differ based on the server and account settings, but the core concept remains consistent.
The Foreign Exchange Station (FXS) is an analog connection on various telecommunication devices like phones or VoIP gateways. It serves to link the device to traditional telephone services, such as analog phones, fax machines, and older voice-mail systems. An FXS interface establishes a link between the access server or router and end-user devices, including telephones, modems, and fax machines. This interface provides essential features like ringing, voltage, and dial tone to the connected station. It is equipped with an RJ-11 connector, suitable for standard telephone equipment, keysets, and PBXs.
The parameters listed on this tab can be categorized into two distinct sections:
- Port buttons: they are a series of circular buttons, each displaying the FXS Port number.
Although the Port buttons closely resemble the Line buttons in appearance, they serve as selectors for specific Ports associated with the configured device. It is important to note that the number of available Ports for configuration is not linked to the number of Lines that the device supports.
The number of buttons may differ depending on the device. By selecting these buttons, you can seamlessly switch between the Ports, allowing you to configure them individually.
The parameters within the following sections are set up individually for each Port. Currently, there is no possibility to copy the settings of one Port to another.
- Port: within this section, you can set the call information display method when the configured device receives an incoming call, initiates an ongoing call, or participates in a call.
There are four parameters that need to be configured here:
- Enable: in this field, you can enable or disable the configured FXS Port.
By choosing the "Inherit" option, you allow this FXS Port to be enabled or disabled in accordance with the settings in the Defaults.
- Line: in this field, you can assign a line to the configured FXS Port. When you click on this field, a dropdown menu will be displayed, presenting a list of available options.
By choosing the "Inherit" option, you allow this FXS Port to use the default line set in the Defaults.
- SIP Username: here, you can input a name that will overwrite the SIP Username of the line selected above. If you leave this field blank, the selected line will have its default SIP Username in accordance with its settings.
- SIP Password: here, you can input a name that will overwrite the SIP Password of the line selected above. If you leave this field blank, the selected line will have its default SIP Password in accordance with its settings.
- Display Name: here, you can input a name that will overwrite the Display Name of the line selected above. If you leave this field blank, the selected line will have its default name in accordance with its settings.
Make sure to press the "Save" button to apply all the changes you have made to the parameters.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article