The inherited values may differ based on the server and account settings, but the core concept remains consistent.
The Sidecar is a feature for a phone device that allows you to swiftly initiate calls to both internal and external phone lines using just one button press. Essentially, the numbers and functions programmed into the sidecar are the most commonly used features of the device for day-to-day operations. Each device can accommodate anywhere from 1 to 6 sidecars, each capable of holding up to 60 Speed-Dial Entries. In the context of the Advanced Provisioner App, each numbered sidecar represents a preset with the capacity to store up to 60 numbers for one-touch speed dialing.
The parameters listed on this configuration tab can be categorized into two distinct sections:
- Speed-dial Entry buttons: they are a series of circular buttons, each displaying the Speed-dial Entry number.
Although the Speed-dial Entry buttons closely resemble the Line buttons in appearance, they serve as selectors for specific Speed-dial Entry associated with the configured device. It is important to note that the number of available Speed-dial Entries for configuration is not linked to the number of Lines that the device supports.
The number of buttons may differ depending on the device. By selecting these buttons, you can seamlessly switch between the Speed-dial Entries, allowing you to configure them individually.
The parameters within the following sections are set up individually for each Handset Preset. Currently, there is no possibility to copy the settings of one Handset Preset to another.
There are four parameters that need to be configured here:
- Type: when you click on this field, a dropdown menu will be displayed, presenting a selection of Speed-dial Entry Types that you can enable for the configured Speed-dial Entry. You can designate the number, object, or action (such as Line, Voice Mail, DND, etc.) within the "Value" field found later in this section.
By selecting the "Inherit" option, you will designate the default Speed-dial Entry Types set in the Defaults as the Type for the configured Speed-dial Entry.
- Account: in this field, you can assign a line to the configured Speed-dial Entry.
In the Advanced Provisioner App, the terms "account" and "line" are synonymous in the given context.
When you click on this field, a dropdown menu will be displayed, presenting a list of available options.
- Inherit: by choosing this option, you allow this Speed-dial Entry to use the default line set in the Defaults.
- Account #: by choosing any of the given options, you can assign any line to the configured Speed-dial Entry.
- Auto: by selecting this option, you grant the configured Speed-dial Entry the ability to use any available unoccupied line at the time of activation, regardless of the parameters set in the Defaults.
- Value: based on the Speed-dial Entry Type you have chosen in the very first field of this section, you can specify the value (Line, Conference number, Intercom number, etc.) that the device should dial, trigger, or enable when the configured Speed-dial Entry is activated.
- Label: here, you can set the label of the configured Speed-dial Entry that will be displayed on the device’s screen when this Speed-dial Entry is activated.
Make sure to press the "Save" button to apply all the changes you have made to the parameters.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article