Description: The purpose of this article is to provide a detailed overview of the Block Out Rules configuration tab, which is accessible for all devices eligible for provisioning within the Advance Provisioner App.
The Advance Provisioner App serves as the primary digital workspace for configuring advanced settings on provisioned devices. For every device from any manufacturer, there is a roster of configuration tabs, each containing different parameters. Once you have added a new device, you will have the opportunity to customize a distinct set of configuration tabs tailored to that specific device.
In all the tabs, parameters can be classified into two types:
- those that require manual input of values.
- those that provide a dropdown list of options.
Next to some parameters, you can find clues about the values these specific fields will inherit either from the global default values or from the account settings level if you don't make any changes to the field.
The inherited values may differ based on the server and account settings, but the core concept remains consistent.
Within this article, we will examine the Block Out Rules configuration tab and its parameters available for customization.
Block Out Rules Configuration Tab
When adding a new device or configuring an existing one, the Lines configuration tab will be the initial default view.
To navigate to the Block Out Rules configuration tab, click on its name in the configuration tab roster.
The parameters listed on this tab can be categorized into two distinct sections:
- Rule buttons: they are a series of circular buttons, each displaying the Rule number.
Although the Rule buttons closely resemble the Line buttons in appearance, they serve as selectors for specific Rules associated with the configured device. It is important to note that the number of available Rules for configuration is not linked to the number of Lines that the device supports.
The number of buttons may differ depending on the device. By selecting these buttons, you can seamlessly switch between the Rules, allowing you to configure them individually.
The parameters within the following sections are set up individually for each Rule. Currently, there is no possibility to copy the settings of one Rule to another.
- Rule: within this section, you can set a list of phone numbers that will be prohibited from establishing connections when making calls to specific lines on the configured device.
There are two parameters that need to be configured here:
- Number: here, you can list phone Numbers, separated by commas, and any calls received from these Numbers will be blocked.
- Lines: within this field, you can list lines, separated by commas, that will block the Numbers enlisted in the previous field.
Make sure to press the "Save" button to apply all the changes you have made to the parameters.