DISA is an acronym for "Direct Inward System Access," which refers to a telephone system function that allows users to access the system's internal features and make outbound calls remotely using an external phone line or cell phone.
With DISA, authorized users can call the telephone system from an external phone, authenticate their identity by entering a PIN, and then make outbound calls as if they were using a phone that is directly connected to the system.
After creating a new call flow, completing the Main Callflow Block with essential information, and assigning a Seat to the configured call flow, you can implement DISA to the configured call flow. The DISA Block is located within the Carrier group of Actions in the Catalog of Actions on the Callflow Configurator's right-hand side.
By using the drag-and-drop technique, you can transfer the DISA Block from the Catalog and integrate them into several places of the Callflow diagram.
When you drop the DISA Block onto the Callflow diagram, a pop-up window will appear displaying the various parameters of the Block that need to be configured.
Six parameters need to be configured in that section:
- PIN: here you can set a PIN number to be used for accessing the DISA feature.
- Retries: when you click on this field, a drop-down menu will display with a range of 1 to 10 digits, allowing you to select the number of attempts to collect a PIN after an incorrect entry.
- Interdigit: clicking on this field will open a drop-down menu showing a selection of 1 to 10 digits, enabling you to choose the number of seconds to wait for the next digit before the entry is considered complete.
- Max Digits: this parameter defines the maximum number of digits allowed for the destination number. Clicking on this field will reveal a drop-down menu with a range of 1 to 10 digits, which you can select to set the desired value.
- Preconnect Audio: this is where you can define what the user will hear after entering a destination number before the outbound call is connected. Clicking on this field will open a drop-down menu containing two options.
- Keep the original Caller-ID: If you select this checkbox, the Caller ID of the call to DISA will be used on the outbound call.
Do not forget to click on the "Save Changes" button in order to apply any modifications made.
A properly configured DISA block integrated into a call flow will be displayed as follows.
Within the Block, there is no indication of all the previously set parameters
Typically, DISA is used by remote employees or individuals who require access to the capabilities of the internal telephone system while making calls from a location outside of the office.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article