After creating a new call flow, completing the Main Callflow Block with essential information, and assigning a Seat to the configured call flow, you can implement a Play Media Block to the configured call flow. The Play Media Block is located within the Basic group of Actions in the Catalog of Actions on the Callflow Configurator's right-hand side.By using the drag-and-drop technique, you can transfer the Play Media Block from the Catalog and integrate them into several places of the Callflow diagram. When you drop the Play Media Block onto the Callflow diagram, a pop-up window will appear displaying the various parameters of the Block that need to be configured.
Two parameters need to be configured in that section:
- Media: after selecting this field, a list of music options that can be assigned to this phase of the configured call flow will appear in a drop-down menu. In case the list does not contain a fitting option, you can include a new media by clicking on the "Add New Media" button. This will trigger a pop-up window to appear above the current window, where you will see a list of Create Media parameters that need to be set up.
- Name: in this field, you can assign a name to the new media, which will then be listed in the drop-down menu of available media choices.
- Streamable: this parameter for a media file refers to whether or not the media can be streamed or played back immediately as it's being loaded. If you select this checkbox, the file can be played immediately without any delay, while if it is not selected, the file must be downloaded before it can be played.
- Media Source: when you select this field, a drop-down menu will become visible, presenting two source options to choose from. Each option has its own set of parameters that are listed when expanded.
- TTS (Text-To-Speech)
- Text: the purpose of this field is to hold text that will be converted into an audio file using text-to-speech technology.
- Language: after selecting this field, a drop-down menu will be displayed, providing you with several language and voice options for the text-to-speech converter.
- "Upload file" button: once you click on this button, an explorer menu will appear, allowing you to browse through your device's file system to locate a media file that you wish to include in the configured call flow.
After filling out all the necessary fields for the new media file, be sure to save all changes by clicking on the "Save" button.
Once the media file has been saved, it will be added to the drop-down list of available Media Sources. Since the media file is a custom creation, it can be edited. To do this, select the file from the drop-down list, and a pencil icon will appear next to the field. By clicking on it, you will be taken to the list of previously configured Create Media parameters.
- Advanced: if you choose to select this checkbox, a field will be displayed where you can input a Route Variable.
Route Variable is a parameter is used in call routing for directing a call to a specific destination, such as a voicemail box, by using the information transmitted with the call.
If a company has several voicemail boxes for different departments or employees, the Route Variable parameter can be utilized to direct a caller to the appropriate voicemail box based on their selection or the phone number they dialed. This parameter can pass on call information to the voicemail system, which then routes the call to the correct voicemail box.
All media files you have created are also available in the Media Section of the Phone System App.
A properly configured Play Media Block integrated into a call flow will be displayed as follows.
Within the Block, you will be able to see the Name of the media file.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article