The Call Center App serves as the central digital workspace for call center operations. It grants call center managers access to a wide array of tools and features, facilitating efficient management and supervision of call center agents.
There are 14 parameters that can be set in this section:
- Queue name: this field is used to specify the name for the newly created queue, and it is a required entry.
- Music on hold: when you click on this field, a drop-down menu will appear, displaying a list of media options available for your account.
All the media files listed in this menu can be found in the Media Tab of the Phone System App.
- Create media: in case you don't have any pre-configured media files to set in the "Music on hold" field, you can use this button as an alternative to navigating to the Media Tab of the Phone System App.
When you click on this button, a pop-up window will appear, presenting a list of fields to be filled for registering a new media file.
- Name: in this field, you can assign a name to the new media, which will then be listed in the drop-down menu of available media choices.
- Streamable: this parameter for a media file refers to whether or not the media can be streamed or played back immediately as it's being loaded. If you select this checkbox, the file can be played immediately without any delay, while if it is not selected, the file must be downloaded before it can be played.
- Media Source: when you select this field, a drop-down menu will become visible, presenting two source options to choose from. Each option has its own set of parameters that are listed when expanded.
- TTS (Text-To-Speech)
- Text: the purpose of this field is to hold text that will be converted into an audio file using text-to-speech technology.
- Language: after selecting this field, a drop-down menu will be displayed, providing you with several language and voice options for the text-to-speech converter.
Once you have configured the fields of the newly created media file, do not forget to click the "SAVE" button.
- Call Recording URL: this field is used to specify the location or destination where call recordings will be stored or saved.
The required format for the URL is as follows:
- Call Recording Enabled: by choosing this option, you activate the call recording feature.
- Strategy: upon clicking on this field, a drop-down menu will appear, presenting a list of call-answering strategies that can be applied to the configured queue.
There are three main strategies:
- Round Robin: when you choose this strategy, incoming calls will be evenly distributed among a group of call center agents, rather than being routed to the next available agent in line.
- Most Idle: by choosing this strategy, incoming calls will be directed to the most idle call center agents.
Essentially, the system will route calls to available call center agents, prioritizing those who have been idle the longest, and if all agents are free, it will distribute the call to the one who has been idle the longest.
- Skills-Based Round Robin: choosing this strategy will route incoming calls to the most suitable call center agent based on their skills and expertise.
For instance, if the incoming call requires French language support, it will be directed to certain call center agents that possess the French language skill.
- Call wrap-up time: this field is used to set the call wrap-up time for the newly created queue, and it is a required entry. The default setting for this value is 30 seconds.
- Max number of calls: this field is used to set the maximum number of calls allowed for the newly created queue, and it is a required entry. The default value for this field is set to 0.
- Max hold time: this field is used to set the maximum hold time for the newly created queue, and it is a required entry. The default setting for this value is 0 seconds.
- Caller exit key: in this field, you can assign a specific key value that callers can press while on hold to exit the queue and continue within the call flow.
- Enable periodic position announcements to caller: by choosing this option will activate periodic announcements for the caller, providing them with information about their current position in the queue.
- Enable periodic average wait time announcements to caller: by choosing this option, you activate periodic announcements to inform the caller about the average wait time.
- Announcement time: in this field, you can specify the frequency of announcements. The value you choose will affect both aforementioned announcements. The default value is set to 30 seconds.
When you first access the Basics Tab for the newly created queue, this option is visible. However, if none of the checkboxes mentioned above are enabled, this particular option will be hidden for any future entries for editing attempts. It will only appear if at least one of the checkboxes is selected during editing.
- Allow callers to enter queue when no agents are available: by choosing this option, you permit a caller to enter this queue even when no agents are currently available to handle the call.
Once you have configured the fields, do not forget to click the "SAVE" button to apply the changes.
The Call Center App will display a pictogram of an exclamation mark within a green circle next to any fields that have been modified.
The Call Center App will notify you that leaving the page will result in the loss of any unsaved changes.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article