Upon clicking on the Dial Pad icon at the very bottom of the Left-Hand Vertical Menu Bar of the Ooma Enterprise Desktop App, the user interface of the Dial Pad Module will be displayed in the Main Space of the app above the currently active Module.
You can access the dialer by clicking on its icon regardless of any other active Module.
The Dial Pad Module's user interface bears a resemblance to the interfaces of several calling apps found on smartphones nowadays.
Located at the topmost part of the Dial Pad interface is a dropdown menu that displays all the available applications and devices that can be used for making calls from the Ooma Enterprise Desktop App.
By default, the given options are:
- Extension Number: it is a physical handset. If you select this option and start a call, it will transfer the call to your handset.
- Cellphone App: it is the Ooma Enterprise Mobile App client that has been installed on your smartphone.
- Desktop Client: it is your current Ooma Enterprise Desktop App client.
If you press the "Parked Calls" button, a new panel will pop up displaying a List of the Parked Calls.
When there are parked calls, you will notice a notification bagde on the Parked Calls icons.
You can reconnect to parked calls by opening the Parking Calls menu, selecting the desired number from the list, and clicking the "Pick Up Call" button.
After the call is answered, the Dial Pad interface displays additional buttons.
- Mute: by pressing this button, you will mute your microphone.
- Keypad: pressing this button will activate the keypad during a call because it allows you to access automated menus, enter extension numbers, or input other touch-tone options that may be required during the call.
- Hold: pressing this button will place the ongoing call on hold.
- Add Participant: if you choose this option, a new window will pop up displaying your Contact List.
From this Contact List, you can select individuals to add as Participants to the ongoing call. In addition, you can manually enter the desired phone number. If the number is present in your Contact List, the Enter Number field will function as a search bar.
- Transfer: if you choose this option, a new window will pop up displaying your Contact List.
In addition, you can manually enter the desired phone number. If the number is present in your Contact List, the Enter Number field will function as a search bar.
There are three options available for call transfer:
- Transfer to Voicemail: selecting this option will transfer the ongoing call to the person's voicemail.
- Attended Transfer: by selecting this option, you can transfer the ongoing call to another person. Before the transfer takes place, you will speak with the intended recipient to confirm their availability and willingness to accept the call. Meanwhile, the transferred call will be placed on hold.
- Immediate Transfer: this is a direct "blind" transfer of the call to the selected recipient.
- Call Actions: two additional actions that could be applied to an ongoing call.
- Park Call: if you select this option, you will be able to park the ongoing call in any of the five available Parking Spots. Additionally, you can enter a custom parking spot (such as the caller's extension number or any other number) to designate which parking spot is utilized for parking the call. After you enter the custom parking spot, press the "Park Call" button.
The process of accessing parked calls has been explained at the start of this article.
- Flip Call: by taking this action, the ongoing call will be redirected to the Ooma Enterprise Mobile App that is currently installed on your smartphone.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article