Caller ID is a service that displays the caller's phone number and name on the recipient's phone or device before the call is answered. It enables the recipient to identify the caller and decide whether or not to answer the call.
After creating a new call flow and completing the Main Callflow Block with essential information, you can implement a Match Caller ID Action to the configured call flow. The Match Caller ID Block is located within the Caller ID group of Actions in the Catalog of Actions on the Callflow Configurator's right-hand side.
With this module, you can route calls similarly to the Callflow Variables. However, the distinguishing feature here is the ability to dynamically route calls based on the incoming phone number.
By using the drag-and-drop technique, you can transfer the Match Caller ID Block from the Catalog and integrate them into several places of the Callflow diagram where the Caller ID of an incoming call needs to be verified.
When you drop the Match Caller ID onto the Callflow diagram, a pop-up window will appear displaying the various parameters of the Block that need to be configured.
One parameter needs to be configured in that section:
- Options: you can find a pair of radio buttons here that give you a choice between two options.
- Regex mode: upon selecting this radio button, a field will be made available for you to input the desired Caller IDs using a Regex (Regular Expression).
For additional details about Regex, please refer to this link.
All Actions placed in a configured call flow after the Match Caller ID Block will be checked to determine if they match the Regex or not. If they do, the call will be routed further.
Upon adding any other Action beneath this block, an additional pop-up window will appear, asking you to choose whether an incoming call will be matched with the earlier established Regex expression or not.
This Action Block enables you to create distinct call flow branches that can separate incoming calls originating from specific numbers and direct them to different call flow routes.
- Absolute mode: if you choose this radio button, you can generate custom checks for each subsequent Action and dynamically route calls based on the incoming phone number.
This means that when adding any other Action beneath this Block, an additional pop-up window will appear, prompting you to enter custom Caller IDs that are permitted to proceed through this branch of the configured call flow.
- Default: no checks will be applied to this Block.
- Caller-ID: inputting one or multiple Caller IDs will allow only those numbers to proceed through this particular branch of the configured call flow.
In the Seat Blocks, you can view various numbers that you had previously set up. Depending on the caller's number, the call will either progress through one of these call flow branches or be declined.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article