The Bulk Manager App, an integral component of the Ooma Enterprise system, serves as a powerful tool designed to quickly onboard hundreds of users. Its main objective is to facilitate the creation of Seats in a fast and efficient manner: this app streamlines the process by allowing administrators to create a significant quantity of Seats quickly and efficiently by using CSV templates.
Upon logging into the app, users will be presented with the app interface displaying the Configuration tab as the default view. To access the Seats tab, simply choose it from the left-hand menu of the Bulk Manager app.
The interface can be divided into two sections:
- Table of existing seats: the table presented here consists of bulk Seats, for which you have prepared the data in the form of a CSV file that was uploaded through the Configurator tab.
The only available method to add new Seats is by uploading a CSV file through the Configuration tab. The "Bulk Update" button does not serve this purpose; it is solely used to update the data of existing Seats.
By clicking on the checkbox at the top/header, you can select all the items across all pages. However, if you prefer only to select the items on the currently active page, simply tick the top/header checkbox, and click on the "Select only items on this page" option that will appear below the table.
- App Header Panel: it is used for interacting with the app and managing the users’ accounts. It contains four functional elements:
- Search Bar: it is used to locate a specific Seat within the table of existing seats based on its parameters such as extension number, phone number, owner's name, email, etc.
- "Delete" button: by using this button, you have the ability to remove individual Seats or multiple Seats from the table of existing seats. To accomplish this, simply select one or more Seats by checking the corresponding checkboxes, and then click the "Delete" button.
The "Delete" button will become active once at least one Seat has been selected. Upon clicking the button, a pop-up window will be displayed, requesting confirmation for the deletion of the selected items.
If any deletion errors occur, a corresponding message will be displayed.
- "Download" button: when you click this button, a CSV file containing all the data of the selected Seats will be downloaded.
The information in this new CSV file will be identical to the original CSV file used to create these bulk Seats. However, it will include an extra column that contains the User IDs assigned by the system for each selected Seat after the initial upload.
The "Download" button will become active once at least one Seat has been selected.
- "Bulk Update" button: when you click on this button, a pop-up window will appear, prompting you to select a filled CSV file that contains all the necessary information about the Seats to be created in the system. You can easily upload the file by dragging and dropping it into the designated area within the pop-up window.
Once the file is successfully uploaded, its name will be displayed in the window. At this point, you have the option to delete the file if you mistakenly uploaded the wrong one. Alternatively, you can proceed with processing the uploaded file by clicking the "Update" button.
After clicking this button, you will observe a spinning wheel indicating the progress of the file processing.
Once the file processing is complete, a confirmation message will be displayed indicating the number of Seats that have been successfully updated.
You can click the "Done" button to return to the Configuration tab. Additionally, by clicking the "Download summary" button, a new CSV file will be downloaded. This file will include the same information as the initial CSV file, along with an additional column that displays:
- User IDs assigned to each created Seat.
- The date and time when the Seat was created.
- Type (successful or failed).
In some cases, errors may occur during the processing of the CSV file. In the event of a backend error, you will receive this message:
Alternatively, if the error is related to frontend, this message will be displayed:
The purpose of the "Bulk Update" button is to modify the data of the existing Seats. If, for instance, you attempt to update a bulk seat using a new CSV file that exclusively contains new Seats, you will receive a message indicating that the CSV file does not contain any values for the existing Seats.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article