Description: Provisioning Ooma for Microsoft Teams is a collaborative process between you and Ooma. Provisioning includes the following steps.
Step 1: Discovery
Ooma will require the following information for you before initiating the setup process:
1. Your Microsoft Tenant Name.
2. List of Users and resources (Call Queues and Auto-Attendants) that require Direct Routing phone numbers, along with the list of phone numbers, which can be ported or purchased.
3. Confirmation that all users and resources (Call Queues and Auto-Attendants) have the required licenses assigned to them.
Such information shall be summarized in the Discovery document before the provisioning process can begin.
Step 2: Ooma-side Provisioning
Ooma's Implementation team will setup your account in Ooma and configure call flows for each of the phone numbers; later you will be able to map these phone numbers to users and resources. Ooma will also link your Microsoft Teams and Ooma accounts.
When this step is completed, Ooma for Teams portal will be ready for mapping users to phone numbers.
Step 3: Service Activation
During this step, you will be required to grant your consent to allow Ooma for Teams portal to access and manage your Microsoft Teams configuration. This consent is required for Ooma application to be able to programmatically access the list of Microsoft Teams users, as well as manage user phone numbers. voice routes, and voice routing policies.
This step must be performed by a user who has Global Admin role in your Microsoft 365 account.
1. To activate service and grant access, navigate to Ooma for Microsoft Teams portal (portal.oomateams.com) and login using your Office 365 credentials (you must have Global Admin role in the account). You will be prompted to consent to a few permissions. Please consent to the permissions as they are required for the solution to work.
2. The next step is to activate Ooma Service, Simply, click on Activate button.
3. You will be prompted to select a user to complete configuration and activate the service. You can select any user in your organization in the dropdown, just note that Microsoft access of the user will be interrupted temporarily during the activation process.
Note: Do not select your own user for activation or a user that is on-prem syncing to Azure AD.
Activation process may take a few minutes to an hour; you can stay on the page or return to check the status later.
Step 4: Map Phone Numbers to Users
Now that the service has been activated, you can map users and phone numbers.
1. Navigate to Ooma for Microsoft Teams portal (portal.oomateams.com) and login using your Office 365 credentials. If users and resources have been assigned the required licenses, they will appear on Users page in the Ooma for Teams portal.
2. Select a user and assign a phone number. You can also map users and phone numbers on Phone Numbers page.
Note that you can only assign one number to a user or resource. If more than one number needs to be assign to a user, Auto-Attendant or Call Queue, this can be configured in the Ooma Unified Communications platform.
After phone numbers have been associated with users, such users will be able to place and receive phone calls.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article